Today, I caught a glimpse of the date and realized that first month of the year just ended. Sounds cliché but the time indeed went by so fast.
Looking back, did I accomplish anything writing wise over the past months? Let’s see:
- 6 – dozens of J.co /Krispy Kreme donuts (plus dozens more of yummy choco moist cupcakes from my other gig) used to bribe my friends — with near perfect grammar, to spare some time in editing my book. Nothing beats a good sugar high.
- 40 – number of chapters finished after I tore apart the story numerous times
- 2 – Self Publishing workshops attended where I learned that I still have a looooong way to go if I decide to publish.
- 8 – major revisions on the cover until I got sick of nitpicking on it all together.
- 5 – months spent rereading the manuscript before I passed it on for review
- 18 – times I changed my mind whether to publish my book or not
- 2545+ cups of
alcohol/ coffee / tea consumed trying to translate my thoughts into sensible chapters (I think I need to wean off a bit, don’t you think?)
- 4 – times I missed my self-imposed deadline on when to announce to the world that I have an actual book (with actual words in them! Imagine that.)
- 28+ times when people stared at me like I was a nutcase just because I don’t have a personal Facebook account
And 35,000+ words to complete the book and now I am finally ready to cross it off my bucket list in a couple of weeks!