In the spirit of the recently concluded Oscar awards, I graciously accept the nomination from the lovely Ashley Cameron of ashleycameronwriting.wordpress.com. She writes amazing poems so please do check out her blog.
Before anything else, rules first:
Liebster Award Rules:
1. Post 11 things about yourself
2. Answer the questions given to you by the nominator
3. Nominate 11 blogs (newer, up and coming blogs, with less than (or thereabouts) 200 followers) and inform them
4. Compose 11 new questions for your nominees
5. And don’t forget to post of the Liebster Award Badge to your page (grab it from the internet)
Here we go:
11 Facts about me:
1. I’m a caffeine bingeing wannabe writer.
2. I am too cheap to buy my own DSLR camera.
3. I can finish one whole season of the show Criminal Minds in one day without eating, drinking, blinking.
4. I don’t have a personal Facebook account.
5. I completely heart Zoie Palmer of the Lost girl series. And Anna Silk. Gawd, I am such a fan girl.
6. Stock charts drive me insane. Red dips even more so.
7. A shiny, bouncy ball can easily distract me.
8. I like the number 8 — I like the idea of something that would symbolize infinity
9. I have selective amnesia – I easily forget stuff, important or not. Now, where was I?
10. Jagermeister has the same effect on me as arsenic.
11. I came out of the closet when I was 17 and never looked back.
11 Questions from the blogger who nominated me:
1. What is your favorite book?
If I am forced to pick, I would have to say “Eleven Minutes” by Paolo Coelho. Reading it made me frustrated honestly.
His words were immensely vivid and made me realize that I had a lot more to learn in my chosen path of being a fiction writer. Hopefully, one day, someday, I would be at least a tenth of how good as a writer that he is.
2. What would you do for the rest of your life if money was no object?
Easy, globe throttle — I want to be able to visit at least 50 different countries in all continents.
3. What is your favorite meal you like to cook?
Hmm. I would have to go with pasta. Quick and painless.
4. What is your most favorite scene from a movie?
From the movie, Imagine me and you (starring Piper Perabo and Lena Headly). Loved the exchange between the Piper’s character Rachel and her husband Heck:
Heck: It’s not you leaving that’s going to kill me. It’s you loving someone more.
Rachel: No. you’re not walking away. Don’t… don’t walk away from me.
Heck: Yeah keep saying that. Pretend this is my choice.
Rachel: What do you MEAN?
Heck: Oh come on Rachel. We both know you’d have left me in the end.
Rachel: That’s not true.
Heck: YES IT IS!
Heck: Yes it is. I want you to be happy. More than anything else I wanted to be the cause of happiness in you. But if I’m not, then I can’t stand in the way, you see? Because what you’re feeling now, Rachel, is the unstoppable force. Which means that I’ve got to move.
5. How do you like having a blog?
I am immensely loving it which was a nice surprise. I was a self-proclaimed social media hermit. I survived the last few years of not having a Facebook/twitter/Instagram/ whatever else account and I am trying to see if I can do this book thing without any.
It is quite exhilarating putting my thoughts out there yet exciting at the same time on having a tiny nook in the cyber society where I can meet people with different backgrounds and read interesting stories.
6. What object in your life could you never live without?
Coffee mug – Oh wait. I can use my palm for that right?
7. What/where has been your favorite vacation?
Hands down, Sagada, Mt Province in northern Philippines.
8. If you could go anywhere in the world..where would you go?
I have 50 countries in mind but the top most are Greece and Egypt.
9. What is your biggest pet peeve?
People who smack their lips when eating. I absolutely do not have to know if you enjoy your burger from two tables away.
10. What movie are you most excited to see this year?
Monster’s University — Who doesn’t adore Mike?
11. If you could share one thing you learned from this year what would it be?
I learned that pausing (and taking a breather) from life in general would do wonders and would provide a totally different perspective.
11 Questions for the Nominees:
1. If you were to live in a TV show, what show would it be?
2. Who is that one person whom you look up to?
3. Where do you see yourself ten years from now?
4. What is your favorite line from a book or movie?
5. Have you ever experienced any form of oppression/discrimination – if so, how did you deal with it?
6. If you were given a chance to interview someone (living or dead) who would it be?
7. If you can commit a crime and get away with it, what crime would it be?
8. What are the three things that you will ask Einstein if he were still alive today?
9. Take your pick — Mario, Luigi or that mushroom kid?
10. Who would be the best movie/comic villain you’d want to be?
11. If you can summarize your life in six words, what would they be?
Passing this on to the interesting reads below: